I missed Kenlie’s Friend Making Monday but I wanted to answer the questions anyway. If you’ve taken part in FMM then you know the rules. If you’re new, please take a moment to answer this week’s question on your own blog then add your link in the comments section at: www.alltheweigh.com so we can all see your FMM questions and answers. Please invite your blog readers to add their links here too so everyone has to opportunity to be seen. The idea is to connect with other awesome bloggers so take a moment to post your own FMM post and comment on a couple of other posts. Now it’s time for this week’s topic!
Goals and More
1. Brag about some of your daily, healthy habits. I am proud to not overeat anymore. I think it’s been over a year since I’ve overate or binged. I didn’t even notice that I had stopped, it wasn’t a purposeful change. I just stopped using food as a comforter and I still allow myself to have treats. I just have a taste of them instead of eating the whole thing.
2. Do you track your daily food intake? If so, how? Yes I track my calories daily at Spark People without fail. I even downloaded their iphone app so i can log my calories when I’m away from my laptop.
3. What do you want to change most about your daily routine? I want to get on a regular sleeping schedule, wake up during the day instead of sleeping all day, and not oversleep regularly.
4. How often do you exercise? the amount changes weekly, but I made a goal to exercise EVERY DAY this week.
5. How do you stay on track when you’re on the go? I have a difficult time staying on track with exercise when I’m busy or on the go. In fact at this moment anything I do can distract me from exercise so i’m trying to cut EVERYTHING else out and focus because weight loss is my number one priority. I do realize that eventually I’m going to have to learn to integrate having a normal every day life with a regular exercise schedule but I haven’t reached that point yet.
6. What’s one excuse you use that prevents you from reaching your goals? I’ve tried to eliminate my excuses. I used my lack of car as an excuse but then I got a key to my apt. gym so that even when I’m having car troubles I will exercise. One of my long term goals is to be a outside runner so that as long as I have shoes I can exercise. No excuses. Oversleeping is an excuse that is a problem for me, but I force myself to get up and exercise no matter how late it is.
7. What scares your most about your journey? The length of time that it will take. It’s going to take over a year to lose the weight and about another year after that to reach my Figure Competitor goals. I’m afraid that I will give up half way there. I’ve given up before. I need to stay persistent. I think that having people support me and cheer me on is very helpful.
8. What do you think will change most when you reach your goal? (If you have reached it, what’s different?) Hopefully my self confidence will increase by achieving a goal that I’ve had for years and being succesful at that. I am hoping that with increased confidence my job prospects and life-mate prospects will also increase.
9. What motivates you to reach your goals? I am motivated by wanting to change my life in every way. I want to be a active person and I want to do amazing things with my body. I am motivated to see those things come to fruition. I also want to wear nice belly baring clothes and do photo shoots in bikinis. I am motivated by a need to feel successful and accomplished.
10. Share a few of your goals.
- stop oversleeping and sleep normal hours (sleep at night, be awake during the day). This has been my biggest challenge.
- exercise every day in some shape or form
- be able to run for 30 minutes straight with no breaks
- see muscle definition on my body, especially my arms and abs
- eat 1500 – 1800 calories per day
- I want to maintain my weight in a healthy BMI range