Today before we worked out my trainer took my measurements because my weight is sort of plateuing (+ or – a pound) and that’s discouraging for me. (Ok my weight isn’t really plateuing, it is steadily declining but at a VERY slow rate) He’ll let me know later if there is any change in my measurement numbers since the last time.
My workouts with my trainer are pretty simple, we usually do 3 sets of 6 various exercises, twice a week. (I do a hour of cardio on the other days).
- Today I started with a short 4 minute warmup on the Cybex Arc Trainer
- then we went into the “other room” and he had me do 30 jumping jacks then walking lunges with a stability ball twist (3 sets of 20)
Then we went back in the room with the machines and I did
- 3 supersets of hamstring curls (30 lbs, 15 reps) and Side walking squats with a resistance band around my ankle (12 steps in each direction)
then we did
- 3 supersets of full situps (15 reps), and spiking my heart rate on the manual treadmill. That manual treadmill is difficult, we only do it for 30 seconds and my heart rate went from 118 to 143.
- Afterwards I did 15 minutes on the Cybex Arc Trainer. I prefer the arc trainer for cardio at AZ Pro Physiques because The Stairmaster is too hard for me, I use the treadmill on my days off so I don’t want to use the same thing while I’m there, and I’m not into the bicycle so that leaves the Arc Trainer.
That workout was 50 minutes, I only burned 280 calories.
I really can’t wait till we can do reall heavy lifting and crazy workouts that are fun, but my body just isn’t there. I’m relatively weak and still get out of breath easily. My trainer did say today that he thinks my lunges are becoming more stable.