My sweets addiction is out of control. I don’t know if my period is due and that’s why or what. I wish I could afford that medication I was on previously that helped with my sugar cravings but my health insurance won’t pay for ANYTHING until the $6,000 deductible is paid.
I’m reading my old posts and I don’t see that I’ve updated several things.
- I purchased a car so I have transportation to work. I wanted to pay $2000 cash cause that’s what I had saved, but was unable to find anything decent (something that wouldn’t breakdown and leave me stranded or fall apart in 6 months). So I purchased a good used Honda Accord from my mom’s mechanic. It was $5000. I paid the $2000 which I had saved and a family member loaned me another $1000. The guy I purchased from is allowing me to make monthly payments, interest free, to pay off the remaining $2000. That’s the reason I can’t start saving for weight loss surgery right away.
- I pay $140 a month for health insurance thru my employer. They don’t cover anything till the $6,000 deductible is paid, so I am thinking of canceling it and using that monthly money to pay a psychiatrist/therapist/Rx’s out of pocket.
- I weaned myself off all my medication because I couldn’t afford it and it was preventing me from being able to work cause of sleep issues. I need different bipolar med which requires a dr. RX but can’t afford to see a Dr.
- I drastically cut my food/grocery/eating out budget so I can pay off some bills so I can save for weight loss surgery.
- I post what I eat in a day thru MyFitnessPal by logging my calories. Not sure if you are able to see that if you add me as a friend on there.
- I drink a lot of water at work, but at home I drink calorie free iced tea and 15 calorie lemonade.
- I haven’t been to therapy since I started working last July. It conflicted with my work schedule. Last week I called to set up therapy again. Need to conquer my dysfuntional eating habits, which may be a psychological issue.
- I haven’t had coca cola , cereal or a donut in months. I do eat other junk though.
- At some point I thought it would only take a year to save the money for WLS. That was wishful thinking.
- Obviously I never moved to Indonesia. It was not practical and there were legal residency issues.
- Looking at past posts it looks like I only eat poorly. That is not the case. Some days I eat healthy, some days I don’t go over my daily calorie goals. I just tend to post when I eat poorly and don’t usually post when I am eating healthily. I have been unable to stick to a regular healthy eating plan even with cheat days. If I had no problems with willpower, consistency and diet compliance, I wouldn’t be obese.
- I moved in with my mom to improve my life and it is better overall. I am working on all my goals. There have been some setbacks, but I am moving forward.