I’m obsessed with lip balms. I hate having dry lips. My lips aren’t cracked or anything but that’s probably cause I never DON’t have lip balm on. I keep some at work, some in my car, one by my bed, one in my bathroom.
I wanted to give you a list of all my favorite lip balms in order of how much I like them.
- Laniege lip sleeping mask. – $20 , this is thick and creamy and it is very moisturizing and lasts all night. I bought mine two years ago and it’s only half gone. It comes with a little spatula to apply to your lips with.
- Aquaphor (not pictured) – $4 This is amazing and cheap. It’s thick and it stays on the lips forever. I use it for any extreme dry patches on my skin, I use to get cracked skin underneath my lips, this aquaphor healed that.
- Glossier “balm-dot-com”. – 3 for $30. The flavors I have are Coconut, Mango and Birthday. They smell sooo good. The mango one is very strong scented and smells like real mango. They are also pretty thick and moisturizing.
- First Aid Beauty lip repair. – $12 This is my most recent purchase. I went to the mall specifically looking for this because I watched a video that said it’s a dupe for the Laniege lip sleeping mask. Supposedly they have the same main ingredients but I don’t really think they compare to each other in application. This one feels less thick than the Laniege one.
- Jack Black Intense Therapy Lip Balm SPF 25. – 2 for $14 I have the shea butter one and the mint one. They are pretty good.
- Laniege lip balm. – $17 I have the scent Peach. It’s ok, not as good as the lip sleeping mask
- Beauty Treats hydrating lip care from Miss A. 3 for $3 If you know about Miss A, everything in the store is $1. These lip balm aren’t too bad. One of them is a little to liquid, that one I leave in my car for emergencies. The coconut one I have is pretty good and medium thickness. Not bad for the price.
- Fresh Sugar lip balm and Milk Kush lip balm. $19 for a gift set that had a variety of lip products. These are mini’s. They are pretty good but I don’t reach for them too often.
- Smith’s Lip Balm – $6 I have the flavor Minted Rose. I do not like this very much but it is what I am using at home right now. I am trying to use it up so I can move on to one I like better. Any type of Mint is not good for your lips, according to the video on lip balms that I watched. I find myself having to reapply this every 30 minutes and also it’s not very thick. I like a thick lip balm.
The next lip balm I plan to buy is the Bite Beauty AGAVE+ DAYTIME LIP BALM. I’ve heard great things about it. I also want the Sara Happ lip slip. The Drunk Elephant Lippe is supposed to be great but that’s way out of my price range. I think the max I’ll spend is $20 on one lip balm.